1927 Montague County Jail. The third structure to serve as Montague County Jail, this building was erected by the Southern Prison Company of San Antonio in 1927. The first floor contained living quarters for the jailer and his family, and six prison cells were maintained on the second floor. Used as a jail until a new facility was built in 1980, the building's architectural features include its entry portico, stone cornice, cast stone window sills, and simple tile detailing. Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 1991. #33

Courthouse square, Montague, TX
Google Streetview

by Texas Historical Commission #33 of the Texas Historical Marker series

Colour: black

Wikimedia:

Flickr:

Subjects

None identified yet. Subjects are curated by hand so please bear with us.