1933 Weatherford City Hall. The construction of this city hall created many jobs for the unemployed in Weatherford during the hard times of the Great Depression. Weatherford citizens passed a bond election to provide funds for a new city hall and fire station in 1933, and construction began immediately on this structure, built on land designated early in the century for city hall and fire department use. Dedication ceremonies for the new facility were held on January 16, 1934. The art deco brick structure features vertical corbelled pilasters and stone coping and inserts. Recorded Texas Historic Landmark -1987. #35

Photo of Black plaque № 13160
Nicolas Henderson from Coppell, Texas on Wikimedia Commons
Photo of Black plaque № 13160
Nicolas Henderson from Coppell, Texas on Wikimedia Commons

100 block of Palo Pinto St., Weatherford, TX
Google Streetview

by Texas Historical Commission #35 of the Texas Historical Marker series

Colour: black

Wikimedia:

Flickr:

Subjects

None identified yet. Subjects are curated by hand so please bear with us.