Arroyo de Juan Lorenzo. Name used by Spaniards of Presidio de San Saba (in existence from 1757 to 1770) for this stream now called Celery Creek. Stone to build Presidio was quarried from bluffs along the creek, and deep banks let hostile Indians approach undiscovered, to attack the Presidio, half a mile to the southwest. #211

Photo of Black plaque number 13329
Nicolas Henderson from Coppell, Texas on Wikimedia Commons

US 90 at Celery Creek Bridge, Menard, TX
Google Streetview

by Texas Historical Commission #211 of the Texas Historical Marker series

Colour: black

Wikimedia:

Flickr:

Subjects

None identified yet. Subjects are curated by hand so please bear with us.