First Baptist Church of Copperas Cove. Organized in 1885 by the Reverend J. F. Baker and thirteen charter members, this congregation first met in a community schoolhouse. The Gulf, Colorado, and Santa Fe Railway Company provided a plot of land for one dollar on which the members built their first sanctuary in 1890. The second sanctuary, built in 1908 to serve the growing congregation, is still in existence and used for Sunday School classes. The churches has produced several missionaries, ministers, and full-time Christian service professionals as it continues to provide important ministries to the community. #1688

by Texas Historical Commission #1688 of the Texas Historical Marker series

Colour: black

Wikimedia:

Flickr:

Subjects

None identified yet. Subjects are curated by hand so please bear with us.