Mayberry Park Cemetery. The only remaining legible headstone in this graveyard reveals that the cemetery dates to the late 19th century. The grave of James Moses Cowan (1834-1888) is believed to be one of 12-20 burials. Other graves are marked with plain stones or remain unadorned. According to local tradition, members of the pioneer O.M. Hood family were interred in the cemetery. There was no specific name associated with the cemetery until the mid-20th century, when it became known as Mayberry Park Cemetery. The land became a part of Fort Hood in 1942. Texas Sesquicentennial 1836-1986 #3267

Michael Britton on Wikimedia Commons

by Texas Historical Commission #3267 of the Texas Historical Marker series

Colour: black

Wikimedia:

Flickr:

Subjects

None identified yet. Subjects are curated by hand so please bear with us.