Mt. Hiram Lodge No. 595, A.F. & A.M.. Mt. Hiram Lodge No. 595 was chartered on December 12, 1884. Lodge members shared their first facility, a two-story structure located near present-day downtown Copperas Cove, with a public school. In its early years the lodge participated in a local volunteer company of Minutemen and helped develop this area's economy. The lodge relocated in 1894 to Main Street and Ave. D, above the J. S. Clements & Bro. Mercantile Store. Growth in its membership led to the building of a new lodge facility at this site in 1970. This lodge continues to serve the local community. #3519

Photo of Black plaque number 16355
Michael Britton on Wikimedia Commons

by Texas Historical Commission #3519 of the Texas Historical Marker series

Colour: black

Wikimedia:

Flickr:

Subjects

None identified yet. Subjects are curated by hand so please bear with us.