This Library built in the year 1866, and dedicated to public use by an address by George Dawson M.A. on the 26th of October of that year, was partially destroyed by fire on the 11th of January 1879, having been reconstructed and greatly enlarged, was reopened on the 1st of June 1882, by the Right Hon John Bright M.P. Thomas Avery Esqs being Mayor. Messrs Martin and Chamberlain Architects to replace the books destroyed by the fire a sum of £14,000 was forthwith subscribed principally by the burgesses of this borough

Elliott Brown on Flickr
Nick Harrison on Flickr
Nick Harrison on Flickr
Nick Harrison on Flickr
Nick Harrison on Flickr
Tim Ellis on Flickr
See also...
Spudgun67 on Wikimedia Commons
Elliott Brown on Flickr
Elliott Brown on Flickr