This memorial was erected as part of the Queensway Tunnel Diamond Jubilee Celebrations in remembrance of those who died during it's construction. Work on the tunnel was commenced on 16th December 1925 at this site by Her Royal Highness Princess May and this great feat of engineering was opened at Old Haymarket on 18th July 1934 by His Majesty King George V.

This is an approximate position

Georges Dock Building, Georges Dock Way, Liverpool
[geolocate this address]
Google Streetview

Colour: black

Wikimedia:

Flickr:

See also...
Simon Harriyott on Flickr
Peter Hughes on Flickr
TonyMo22 on Flickr
Spudgun67 on Wikimedia Commons
Peter Hughes on Flickr
Elliott Brown on Flickr
Simon Harriyott on Flickr
rw_norris2000 on Flickr
Peter Hughes on Flickr
Gerald England on Geograph
michael ely on Geograph
newcastleplaques on Flickr
Simon Harriyott on Flickr