On the 6th day of April 1933 His Majesty King George V. was graciously pleased to command that this lock opened on the 15th day of March by his son H.R.H. The Prince George, K.G. should thenceforth be known as The Prince George Lock. [full inscription unknown]

rw_norris2000 on Flickr

by Shoreham Harbour Trustees on 06 April 1933

Colour: bronze

Wikimedia:

Flickr:

See also...
Simon Harriyott on Flickr
Peter Hughes on Flickr
TonyMo22 on Flickr
Spudgun67 on Wikimedia Commons
Simon Harriyott on Flickr
Elliott Brown on Flickr
Simon Harriyott on Flickr
Peter Hughes on Flickr
Gerald England on Geograph
michael ely on Geograph
newcastleplaques on Flickr
Simon Harriyott on Flickr