This house was once part of The Cock Public House - a well known coaching inn on the Great North Road. Bought by the Peppercorn family in 1845 and renamed 'The Manor House', the main buildings were demolished in the 1960s. Princess Victoria visited The Cock in the 1830s.

See also...
Simon Harriyott on Flickr
Simon Harriyott on Flickr
Simon Harriyott on Flickr
Frank Batt on Flickr
Nick Harrison on Flickr
sgwarnog2010 on Flickr
Tim Ellis on Flickr
Bolckow on Flickr
Elliott Brown on Flickr
Elliott Brown on Flickr
Jeremy Osborne on Flickr
gnomonic on Flickr
Jeff Stone on Flickr
Peter Hughes on Flickr
Brian Cooper on Flickr
Nick Harrison on Flickr
Simply Jan on Flickr
Nick Harrison on Flickr