The Town Hall 1853-1905 The New Town Hall was erected by public subscription to the design of Horace Jones, architect to the Corporation of the City of London. The builder was W.P. James. The foundation stone was laid by Mr Walter Coffin in 1849. Remains of old walls, large buildings & a circular well stairway were unearthed as the foundations were dug out. Described in 1853 as a very handsome building, the new Town Hall included the Assizes and County Courts, the Post Office, Police Station and Fire Brigade & remained the administrative centre of the borough until the opening of the City Hall in Cathays Park in 1905

Photo of Town Hall, Cardiff  blue plaque
Elliott Brown on Flickr
Photo of Town Hall, Cardiff  blue plaque
Elliott Brown on Flickr

Hodge House - Guildhall Place, Cardiff
Google Streetview

by Sir Julian Hodge LL. D on 01 July 1976

Colour: blue

Wikimedia:

Flickr: