Charles James Fox 1749-1806 statesman lived here
The plaque dates to 1912 and was originally installed at 9 Arlington Street, St.James's. The owner of the house objected to the initials 'L.C.C.' on the plaque and insisted it be covered - which it was, with a piece of blue glass. Following the demolition of this former residence, the plaque was salvaged, restored and, with the glass removed, re-erected at the current Clarges Street address in 1950.