The George Inn This three storey Grade II listed property has been a feature of High Street since the early 1800's. In 1822 it was recorded as the George Inn, later known as the George Hotel and then the George. It was one of the town's original coaching inns. The Rocket called at the George Inn on its way to Birmingham and Liverpool. The Royal Sovereign stage coach also stopped here, linking Sandbach with Liverpool and London

Nick Harrison on Flickr

39 High Street , Sandbach
Google Streetview

by J. D. Wetherspoon

Colour: black

Wikimedia:

Flickr: