The Green Dragon. This Grade II listed building is said to be Leek's oldest inn. Called The Green Dragon in 1693, the inn was still known by that name in 1750. However, by 1783 it had become the Swan, more formally the Swan With Two Necks. This name originates from the centuries-old tradition of marking the bird's beaks with nicks, or necks, to denote ownership. The early 19th century extension at the rear of the building was a grocery and provision store. In the 1860s it became the premises of the Leek and Moorlands Industrial Provident Society.

2 St Edward Street, Leek, United Kingdom

Subjects
The Lister Arms. These licensed premises were built on part of the site of the West Yorkshire Road Car Company depot, demolished in the 1980s. They are named after the Lister Arms, which stood diagonally opposite, trading until 1989. The original inn opened in 1825 as the New Inn but it soon became known as the Lister Arms its first tenant, Joseph Lister.

South Hawksworth Street, Ilkley, United Kingdom

The Peter Cushing. These licensed premises are named after the critically acclaimed actor who lived in Whitstable. This building is the former Oxford cinema, which first opened its doors on 27 July 1936. it was built around the Oxford Picture Hall which, itself, opened in 1912 in what had been Oxford 'concert and music hall'. These premises were refurbished by J D Wetherspoon in July 2011.

The Peter Cushing, High Street, Whitstable, United Kingdom

The Black Horse This public house was built in 1929 and opened on 1st December. It was designed by Francis Goldsbrough and is one of the largest and finest examples in the country of a 'Brewer's Tudor' style public house. The Black Horse replaced a much smaller pub of the same name that stood on the site. These premises were refurbished by J.D. Wetherspoon in May 2010.

The Black Horse - Bristol Road South, Northfield, Birmingham, United Kingdom

Subjects
The Layton Rakes Blackpool took shape as a seaside resort from the 18th century, in a sparsely populated area at the seaward end of Layton Rakes (now Church Street). 'Rake' is the Scandinavian word meaning path. Layton Rakes led inland to the centuries old village of Layton with Warbreck. In late Victorian times the site of these licensed premises were occupied by Whitehead's Fish, Game, Poultry and Oyster Warehouse, which boasted "a magnificent oyster room" These premises were built by J.D. Wetherspoon and opened in November 2011

Market Street, Blackpool, United Kingdom

The Pump House These licensed premises stand on the site of Westminster House, which had a bank on the ground floor with offices above. It was built in the 1970s, on the side of an old garage with hand-operated pumps. The garage was opened by Joseph Woods before the First World War, when Shirley was little more than a village. It was joined by other garages and also cafes to serve travellers along Stratford Road. A local guide published in 1929, described Shirley as 'a village of petrol pumps'. These premises were opened by J.D. Wetherspoon in December 2014.

The Pump House - Parkgate Shirley - Stratford Road, Shirley, Solihull, United Kingdom

Subjects
These Licensed Premises were built in 1984, on part of the site occupied by Nottingham Women's Hospital. The hospital had replaced a Victorian mansion, called Southfield House. The first patients arrived in January 1930. The last baby born here was in January 1981. The hospital closed, with the site then partly cleared for The Gooseberry Bush, named after the place where babies were said to arrive.

Peel Street, Nottingham, United Kingdom

The Railway Hotel This two storey property was purpose-built, in 1847, as The Railway Hotel, next to Lytham's first railway station. A billiard room and four bedrooms were added in 1895. There was also a bowling green at the rear, which made way for a builder's yard in 1955. The railway station was demolished in 1968 and replaced by a fire station. The Railway Hotel was renamed the Hansom Cab. It now has its original name.

Station Road, Lytham St Annes, United Kingdom

Subjects
The Court of Requests This Grade II listed building was erected in 1816, as a Court of Requests, and later extended. The Court of Requests was abolished in 1846 and replaced by a Magistrates Court and a County Court. The latter moved out in 1889. In 1904, the building became Oldbury Police Station, with the Magistrates Court remaining on the first floor. After the Police moved out, Oldbury Library moved into the building, in 1977, remaining here until 2011. These premises were refurbished by J D Wetherspoon in January 2012.

The Court of Requests - 21 Church Street, Oldbury, United Kingdom

Subjects
The Cordwainer These premises were built in 2001. Two years earlier the site had been excavated, revealing a 12th century quarry and a mid-13th century wall. The wall was 'probably the boundary of the Gobion Manor estate', held by Hugh de Gobion, Sheriff of Northampton (1154-61). Part of the estate known as 'The Riding Ground' was later occupied by Gobion Manor Farm, recalled by today's street name 'The Ridings'.

The Ridings, Northampton, United Kingdom

Subjects
The Hatchet Inn These licensed premises comprise two early nineteenth-century Georgian-style buildings. The date stone, at the rear, is marked 1807. This is probably when the properites were extended or altered. The earliest record of this former coaching inn is dated May 1725, referring to the 'Hatchet' in the market place at Newbury

12 Market Place, Newbury, United Kingdom

Subjects
The George Inn This three storey Grade II listed property has been a feature of High Street since the early 1800's. In 1822 it was recorded as the George Inn, later known as the George Hotel and then the George. It was one of the town's original coaching inns. The Rocket called at the George Inn on its way to Birmingham and Liverpool. The Royal Sovereign stage coach also stopped here, linking Sandbach with Liverpool and London

39 High Street , Sandbach, United Kingdom

Subjects
The Rose Salterne. These licensed premises are named after the heroine of Westward Ho!. This famous historical novel is set in Bideford, where it was written by Charles Kingsley, in 1854. In the early 19th century the Rev. Alford, Master of Bideford Grammar School, lived in a house more-or-less on this site. It was replaced by 'a set of Public Rooms', in 1871 which later became the Palace Cinema. The cinema closed in 1962 and was, itself, replaced by Ford & Lock's supermarket, later a carper and furnishing store and now a Wetherspoons feehouse.

, Bideford, United Kingdom

The Bull's Head Hotel The present Bull's Head Hotel stands on the site of an inn of the same name from the 1690's. During the 19th century, the Gregory family was the licencee for more than 60 years, until 1893. The old inn was deemed too small (the entrance porch being just 3'9" wide) and was demolished and replaced by the present much larger building.

12 High Street, Walkden, United Kingdom

Subjects
This building first opened its doors on 8th February 1929, as the Hippodrome cinema. The 900 seat cinema also had a stage and five dressing rooms. The stage doors open on to the side street. The Hippodrome was built at a cost of £20,000 for 'March Amusements'. The letters 'MA' can still be seen at the top of the facade

Dartford Road, March, United Kingdom

Subjects
The Corn Exchange This grade I listed monument was designed by Ellis & Woodward and built by Lot Jackaman, at a cost if £7,000. It stands on the site of The Shambles (or 'market') which occupied three sides of the site. The Corn Exchange opened for business in July 1862. The floor in the hall was inserted in 1969 - and there are now shops on the ground floor

Abbeygate, Bury St Edmunds, United Kingdom

Subjects
The Montagu Pyke This is the site of the former 'Marquee Club' which closed in 1995, originally built as a cinema in 1911 by Montagu Pyke, his 16th and final cinema

105-107 Charing Cross Rd, London, United Kingdom

Subjects
At the Hope Pole Tewkesbury they stopped to dine, upon which occasion there was more bottled ale, with some more Madeira and some port besides..... and here the case bottle was replenished for the fourth time. Under the influence of these combined stimulants, Mr. Pickwick and Mr. Ben Allen fell asleep for thirty miles, while Bob and Mr. Weller sang duets in the Dickey.

Church Street, Tewkesbury, United Kingdom

Subjects
Wetherspoon Birmingham International Airport began as a small airfield in the Parish of Elmdon and was known as Elmdon Airport. The name Elmdon means 'hill of the elms. The first aircraft to land was a Western Airways twin-engine D.H. Dragonfly, on 20th March 1939. Dragonfly was the name of Wetherspoon's first outlet at the airport. Elmdon Airport was officially renamed Birmingham Airport, in April 1960, at a ceremony attended by an estimated 10,000 people. International flights were introduced in the 1960s. The Main Terminal was opened in 1984. These premises were opened by J.D. Wetherspoon in March 2015.

Wetherspoon - Departures Lounge - Birmingham Airport, Solihull, United Kingdom

Subjects