Scottish Central Library. This building was erected in 1699 by Thomas Fisher, First Chamberlain of Edinburgh, and after restoration and internal reconstitution by the Carnegie United Kingdom trust, was opened as the Scottish Central Library by H.R.H. the Duke of Edinburgh, on 5th November 1953.

gnomonic on Flickr
gnomonic on Flickr

National Library of Scotland, 312-320 Lawnmarket, Edinburgh
Google Streetview

Colour: black

Wikimedia:

Flickr:

See also...
Emily Toop on Flickr
Elliott Brown on Flickr
Chris Hall on Geograph
Chris Hall on Geograph
Elliott Brown on Flickr
geowolfe on Flickr
Elliott Brown on Flickr
Elliott Brown on Flickr
Elliott Brown on Flickr