This building was opened in 1907 as the Leoline Jenkins Laboratories, one of the first college chemistry laboratories at the University of Oxford. Under the leadership of Dr D.L. Chapman (Fellow 1907-44) it was distinguished for its teaching and research and, during the Second World War, it hosted secret atomic research codenamed the Tube Alloys project. The Laboratories closed in 1947.

Photo of Clear plaque № 40984
addedentry on Flickr

Jesus College, Turl Street, Oxford
Google Streetview

by Jesus College, Oxford on 05 February 2016

Colour: clear

Wikimedia:

Flickr:

Subjects

None identified yet. Subjects are curated by hand so please bear with us.