Castle Gates Library Founded by Edward VI in 1552, Shrewsbury School occupied this site until 1882. The stone buildings were built 1594-1630. Sir Philip Sidney, Judge Jeffreys and Charles Darwin were educated here. Re-opened as a library in 1983 after complete renovation. This plaque commemorates the 60th anniversary in 1986 of The Rotary Club of Shrewsbury

Photo of Shrewsbury School, Shrewsbury Library, Charles Darwin, and Edward VI black plaque
ell brown on Flickr
Photo of Shrewsbury School, Shrewsbury Library, Charles Darwin, and Edward VI black plaque
Spudgun67 on Wikimedia Commons
Photo of Shrewsbury School, Shrewsbury Library, Charles Darwin, and Edward VI black plaque
Spudgun67 on Wikimedia Commons
Photo of Shrewsbury School, Shrewsbury Library, Charles Darwin, and Edward VI black plaque
ell brown on Flickr