Wells House Designed by Cuthbert Brodrick, the celebrate architect of Leeds Town Hall. Landscaped by Joshua Major. Opened in 1856 as a Hydro, offering water treatments and pure Ilkley air. In 1859, Charles Darwin was a patient. In 1954 became The College of Housecraft. Restored as apartments by Magellan Properties Ltd in 2003.

See also...
Spudgun67 on Wikimedia Commons
Bob Embleton on Geograph
Tiger on Geograph
Simon Harriyott on Flickr
Peter Hughes on Flickr
Nick Harrison on Flickr
Bolckow on Flickr
gnomonic on Flickr
Frank Batt on Flickr
Spudgun67 on Wikimedia Commons
Xnboro on Wikimedia Commons
Elliott Brown on Flickr
Elliott Brown on Flickr
chrisinplymouth on Flickr
Nick Harrison on Flickr