Gledhow Hall. in 1764 the cloth merchant Jeremiah Dixon bough the estate and hall whose remodelling soon after is attributed to John Carr. Later illustrious residents included: 1817-26 Sir John Beckett, banker, Twice Mayor of Leeds, and 1884-1911 Sir James Kitson, industrialist, MP, first Lord Mayor of Leeds.

See also...
Jez Nicholson on Flickr
Keith Seabridge on Flickr
Keith Seabridge on Flickr
Keith Seabridge on Flickr
Mike Kirby on Geograph
'(p_khoo) on Flickr