Old Custom House Built in 1838 to a classical design prepared by Decimus Burton. Early customs officers checked cargoes guano from Ichaboe, West Africa, sugar from the West Indies, flax from Russia and timber from the Baltic and Canada. Later, vessels brought wheat from San Francisco and cotton from the U.S.A. When the Custom House moved to Dock Street, the property became a private dwelling in 1876 and later the Town Council offices in 1889. When Fleetwood became a borough in 1933 it became the Town Hall. It is currently the Fleetwood Museum.