Alfred Lane Originally known as Hablutzel Lane, was renamed after the Royal Alfred Lodge of Freemasons which was then situated on the upper left hand side. Prince Alfred, second son of Queen Victoria visited Simon's Town in 1860 as midshipman on HMS Euryalus and in 1867 as Captain of HMS Galatea The Nooral Islam mosque founded 1878 and rebuilt in 1926 is situated at the top of Alfred Lane

See also...
Nick Harrison on Flickr