The Mansion In 1803 the wealthy insurance broker and later banker Thomas Nicholson bought half of the medieval hunting park - 'The Round Hay'. In 1815, after landscaping the park, he moved into this fine new house attributed to architect Thomas Taylor. The estate was purchased for the people of Leeds in 1871.

Photo of Thomas Nicholson and Thomas Taylor blue plaque
ben dalton on Flickr
Photo of Thomas Nicholson and Thomas Taylor blue plaque
ben dalton on Flickr
See also...
Photo of Thomas Nicholson and Stephen Nicholson blue plaque
Rich Tea on Geograph
Photo of John Barran, Thomas Nicholson, Stephen Nicholson, R. A. Salisbury, and 4 other
'(p_khoo) on Flickr