Charles Dickens lived in a house on this site 1824-1829 Later to be the home of The David Copperfield Childrens Library 1922-1932
The plaque was unveiled by the actor Simon Callow. The house on the site that the Dickens family occupied, 29 (later 13) Johnson Street (renamed Cranleigh Street in the 1930s) survived until 1932. London County Council had marked the site with a stone tablet in 1911, and that plaque still exists , now in the garden of the Dickens Museum.
9-16 Cranleigh Houses, Cranleigh Street, Somers Town, London
Google Streetview OpenStreetMap
by Brook and Cranleigh House Residents Association on 16 December 2013