Leeds Grammar School Was founded in 1552 by William Sheafield, chantry priest, Leeds Parish Church. It occupied this building from 1859 to 1997. Famous pupils include: John Smeaton, engineer; G. Studdert Kennedy, 'Woodbine Willie' chaplain; John Ireland, composer; Field Marshal Lord Nicholson of Roundhay. Architect: Edward Barry

sgwarnog2010 on Flickr
Betty Longbottom on Geograph
Betty Longbottom on Wikimedia Commons
noii's on Flickr
Simon Harriyott on Flickr