York railway station. This station was opened in 1877 by the North Eastern Railway Company to replace an earlier station built in 1841 within the City walls. Designed by architect Thomas Prosser and engineer Thomas Elliot Harrison, the station is now listed Grade II. This plaque commemorates the refurbishment schemes carried out in 2004 by Great North Eastern Railway Ltd with the support of the Railway Heritage Trust.

Nick Harrison on Flickr
sgwarnog2010 on Flickr
SteHLiverpool on Flickr
Nick Harrison on Flickr
garlicdog on Flickr
Bolckow on Flickr
See also...
Nick Harrison on Flickr
SteHLiverpool on Flickr
Peter Hughes on Flickr
Peter Hughes on Flickr
Thomas Elliot Harrison died here.