Láthair Mhainistir site of a Carmelite monastery, which in the dissolution was handed over to the corporation. The church was damaged by Cromwell, who made an entry into the town in 1649, through a breach in the town wall close by: to the south east of the church is a remnant of this wall. Among those buried here was the celebrated Henry Ussher, Archbishop of Armagh. [full inscription unknown]

Open Plaques on Flickr

St. Mary's Church of Ireland, Mary Street, Drogheda
Google Streetview

Colour: bronze

Wikimedia:

Flickr:

See also...
Bart Maguire on Flickr
Nick Harrison on Flickr
TonyMo22 on Flickr
Walt Jabsco on Flickr
Open Plaques on Flickr
Jeff Gogarty on Geograph
David Metson on Flickr
flipflopnick on Flickr
Open Plaques on Flickr
Michael Garlick on Geograph
Elliott Brown on Flickr