This building was formerly known as the Meeting House; visiting speakers included John Wesley, the founder of Methodism, who preached here before the Methodists had their own chapel in Barnard Castle. The building has also been used as a Roman Catholic school and, later, as a wine store.

See also...
John Wesley preached here in 1770
Stephen on Flickr All Rights Reserved