Some Facts of Interest in the History of the Old Church The Church was built to replace the former Church of St John at Tyburn 1400 Francis Bacon was married here 1606 William Hogarth portrayed the interior of the Church 1735 James Gibbs Architect, pupil of Wren was buried here 1754 Richard Brinsley Sheridan married Miss Linley here 1773 Charles Wesley brother of John Wesley was buried here 1788 Lord Byron was baptized here 1788 Lord Nelson worshipped here and Horatia his only child was baptized here 1803

See also...
John Wesley preached here in 1770
Stephen on Flickr All Rights Reserved