This building, erected in 1759, was the first and, for 46 years, the only Wesleyan Methodist Chapel in York. John Wesley conducted the opening services on Sunday July 15th 1750 and preached here on many subsequent occasions. Its use as a Wesleyan Chapel was discontinued in the year 1805.

See also...
John Wesley preached here in 1770
Stephen on Flickr All Rights Reserved