This bridge was opened by His Royal Highness the Duke of York K.G. on the 4th July 1930. The foundation stone was laid on the 18th April 1929 by The Worshipful The Mayor, Councillor Percy Boyle M.B.E., J.P., during whose mayorality the bridge was completed. Percy Smallman, Town Clerk. Bolton and Lakin Limited, general contractors. H.W. Fitzsimons B.Sc., M.Inst.C.E., engineer. The Cleveland Bridge and Engineering Co. Ltd., steelwork contractors. R.W. VIne, Borough Surveyor.
St Thomas Street, Weymouth
Google Streetview OpenStreetMap
by Borough of Weymouth and Melcombe Regis on 04 July 1930