Commemorated on 2 plaques
Blind Jack of Knaresborough (John Metcalf) was born in 1717 in a cottage whose garden adjoined the churchyard. Though blinded by smallpox at the age of six, he became famous as a musician, guide, horseman, trader and pioneer builder of roads. He died in 1810 and is buried in Spofforth churchyard.
The Parsonage, Knaresborough, United Kingdom where they was born near (1717)
Texas Historical Marker #10124
Vogel Sunday House. In the 1880s German immigrant Christian Vogel (1824-1889) built the left half of this structure to house his family while in town for Saturday trading and Sunday church services. His son Amandus (1854-1898) and daughter-in-law Elizabeth (Weber) (1857-1944) added the right half and covered it with pressed tin at the turn of the century. It was used as a Sunday House by Elizabeth until her death and remained in the family until 1947. Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 1982 #10124
418 West Austin, Fredericksburg, TX, United States where they was