Died aged unknown
Commemorated on 1 plaque
Coles Corner. John, Thomas and Skelton Cole, described as silk mercers and hosiers etc. opened a store at No 4 Fargate in 1847. The business prospered and a large new drapery store was erected on this site in 1869 designed by local architects Flockton & Abbott. The pavement outside the store became known as 'Coles Corner' and for many generations became a favourite meeting place and landmark in the city. This tradition largely disappeared with the closing of the store in 1963 and its relocation in Barkers Pool.
Fargate, Sheffield, United Kingdom where they opened a store