Commemorated on 3 plaques
Thomas Ivory (1709-1779) distinguished local architect built St Helen's House in 1752 and lived here from 1756 until he died. Other buildings attributed to him include the Octagon Chapel and the Assembly House.
St Helen's House, Norwich, United Kingdom where he lived
Thomas Ivory 1709-1779 Distinguished Local Architect. Built this house in 1771 which in 1860 became The Militia Barracks. Other buildings attributed to him are the Octagon Chapel, Assembly House and the Norwich Theatre.
Ivory House, All Saints Green, Norwich, United Kingdom where he built
Site of The Tabernacle (Countess of Huntingdon's Chapel). Designed by Thomas Ivory for James Wheatley. Opened 1753 by George Whitefield. Leased to John Wesley from 1758 to 1764. Acquired by Lady Huntingdon in 1775. Demolished in 1953.
17 Bishopgate, Norwich, United Kingdom where he designed