Joseph Zorn
(1840-1923)

Died aged c. 83

Family tree

Commemorated on 1 plaque

Texas Historical Marker #3128

Los Nogales. This structure was built in 1849 for German immigrant Justus Gombert. The one-room adobe structure, later stuccoed and enlarged, was owned from 1849 to 1859 by Joseph Zorn. After the Civil War, the property was used as a campground for members of the Freemen's Bureau. Ben McCulloch owned the property briefly in 1870. Demolition of the house was prevented as the first project of the Seguin Conservation Society in 1952. Los Nogales (Spanish for walnuts), as it is now known, was designated a Recorded Texas Historic Landmark in 1962. (1989) #3128

415 S River St, Seguin, TX, United States where they lived (1849-1859)