This 17th century building was first identified as an inn in 1714, when Chapel Street was an important highway. In the early 20th century it was popular with cyclists. H. G. Wells regularly dined and wrote here.

TiggerSnapper on Flickr
This is an approximate position

The Drum Public House, 16 Chapel Street, Petersfield
[geolocate this address]
Google Streetview

by Petersfield Heritage

Colour: blue

Wikimedia:

Flickr:

See also...
Spudgun67 on Wikimedia Commons
jthornett on Flickr
Steve Daniels on Geograph
Brian Cooper on Flickr
Ianerc on Wikimedia Commons
Jeff Stone on Flickr
Maggie Jones on Flickr
Jez Nicholson on Flickr
Davrobin on Wikimedia Commons
Simply Jan on Flickr
Graham Tiller on Flickr
Trevor Hayman on Wikimedia Commons
jeffianstone on Flickr
jeffianstone on Flickr
Triggerbug on Wikimedia Commons