Lord Raglan The Lord Raglan is one of the oldest tavern sites in the City. The house was originally known as The Bush. It then became "The Lord Raglan" to commemmorate Lord Fitzroy Somerset who became 1st Baron Raglan in 1852. Raglan lost his right arm at the Battle of Waterloo, and his name was applied to the Raglan sleeve. He was Commander in Chief during the Crimean War, where he died in 1855, a blue plaque is outside his house in Stanhope Gate London W1. The present building was constructed in 1855, the cellars date from the original building and incorporate parts of the old Roman wall.