St Paul's Club and St Paul's Square. St Paul's Club is Birmingham's oldest luncheon club which has been in existence since 1859 and moved to this site in 1894. Its members still elect a weekly chairman, vice chairman and house chairman who preside over the dining room and carve the joints. Birmingham's remaining 18th century residential square was fully industrialised by the early 1950s but the remaining elegant houses have been carefully restored and adapted to other uses. Until world war II, local children without gardens played together in the churchyard, which they nicknamed "Titty-Bottle Park" because it was here that they were put in charge of their baby brothers and sisters.