Rushworth Mechanics' Institute. This building was constructed in 1913 with William Gunn, President of the Mechanics' Institute laying the foundation stone. It replaced the original Institute building, erected in 1897 near the railway line. Apart from a lending library for the miners and tradesmen, the new Institute also included a billiard's room surrounded by a raised platform for spectators. The overhead lighting and stained glass window afford distinction to the main room. This building is now used by the Rushworth Historical Society.
This is an approximate position