Prahran Mechanics' Institute. The Institute was founded in 1854 for "the mental and moral improvement and the rational amusement" of its members. The Institute moved to High Street in 1915 in order to expand their School of Design, which later developed as the Prahran Technical School.
This is an approximate position
Plaque is now missing
140 High Street, Prahran, Victoria
[geolocate this address]
Google Streetview OpenStreetMap