Prahran Mechanics' Institute is registered by the Heritage Council of Victoria. This Institute was established in Chapel Street in 1854 to provide education for working class men. This Federation Free Classical style building, designed by Ernest Horatio Willis, was built in 1915 to accommodate the Institute's expansion. Victorian Heritage Register Number H0400

See also...
bron lowden on Flickr
bron lowden on Flickr