James Polk Johnson Building. Built by Johnson City founder James Polk Johnson (1845-1885), this structure has housed a variety of businesses and served as a community gathering place. In addition to serving as a community hall, opera house, and meeting place for churches and community groups, the structure was occupied by such commercial enterprises as banks, general stores, hotels, restaurants, and business offices. When the Blanco County seat moved to Johnson City in 1890 this building became a temporary county courthouse and jail. Former president Lyndon Johnson maintained an office here for a short time. (1992) #2829

Nicolas Henderson on Flickr
Nicolas Henderson on Wikimedia Commons
Nicolas Henderson on Flickr
stevesheriw on Flickr All Rights Reserved
See also...
stevesheriw on Flickr All Rights Reserved
Nicolas Henderson on Flickr