First Christian Church of Johnson City. This congregation was organized in 1903 by the Rev. Tom Smith, an evangelist with the Texas Christian Missionary Society, and twenty-six charter members. Land for a church building was given by Judge N. T. Stubbs and a sanctuary was completed in 1905-06. In its early years the congregation was served by traveling ministers. Among the members was Lyndon B. Johnson, who joined the congregation in 1923 at age fourteen following his baptism in the Pedernales River. The church continues to be an important part of the life of Johnson City. (1989) #1712

See also...
stevesheriw on Flickr All Rights Reserved
Nicolas Henderson on Flickr
Nicolas Henderson on Flickr