Crockett. Founded 1837. Named for David Crockett, who had visited here on way to the Alamo, 1836. Old fortified log courthouse was often the refuge for settlers during Indian wars. During Civil War had camp of instruction. Telegraph and stagecoach station for South. Forestry, farming and livestock center. #7037

Jpo tx113 on Wikimedia Commons
Marion & Steve on Flickr All Rights Reserved

by Texas Historical Commission #7037 of the Texas Historical Marker series

Colour: black

Wikimedia:

Flickr: