Peabody Library Building. The first campus structure to be used exclusively for library purposes, this building was erected in 1902. Built with assistance from the Peabody Education Fund (a philanthropic program created by northern banker George Peabody soon after the Civil War), the library exhibits classical revival and Romanesque revival style influences. Designed by J. L. O'Connor, it served as a library until 1929 and has had other academic uses since that time. #8469

Larry D. Moore on Wikimedia Commons

1700 Sam Houston, Huntsville, TX
Google Streetview

by Texas Historical Commission #8469 of the Texas Historical Marker series

Colour: black

Wikimedia:

Flickr: