Merchants and Farmers State Bank. Chartered on January 22, 1889, as the Merchants and Farmers National Bank of Weatherford, this institution opened for business on March 15, 1889, with capital of $100,000. In 1909 the bank's directors voted to apply for a state charter, and the institution's name was changed to Merchants and Farmers State Bank. Originally located on the southwest corner of the town square, the bank has occupied this site on the northeast corner since 1893-94. Early leaders of the bank included E.H. Eddleman, President from 1889 to 1915; W.R. Woodhouse, President from 1915 to 1919; and J.H. Doss, Sr., President from 1919 to 1945. The Merchants and Farmers State Bank has played an important role in Parker County history as the primary lending source for many agricultural enterprises, local businesses, and home mortgages. The bank has maintained a strong civic commitment since its founding and supports a number of community and charitable activities. Continued growth over the years has led to the construction of modern banking facilities. Renamed Texas Bank in 1986, this bank has contributed to the growth and development of Parker County for over a century. (1990)

Nicolas Henderson on Wikimedia Commons
Nicolas Henderson on Flickr
Nicolas Henderson on Flickr
Nicolas Henderson on Flickr
Nicolas Henderson on Flickr

Cnr Trinity Ave and N Main Street, Weatherford, TX
Google Streetview

by Texas Historical Commission #15282 of the Texas Historical Marker series

Colour: black

Wikimedia:

Flickr:

Subjects

None identified yet. Subjects are curated by hand so please bear with us.