Old St. Mary's Church (Die Alte Kirche). St. Mary's Parish dates to 1846 with the arrival of German settlers in Fredericksburg. Construction of this building, which replaced an earlier log structure, was completed in 1863 during the pastorate of the Rev. Peter Baunach. It served as the parish church until a larger building was constructed in 1906, after which it served a variety of purposes, including a schoolhouse. The fine Gothic features of Old St. Mary's are exhibited in its distinctive steeple, pointed-arch windows, and stone buttresses.