First Electric Light. First successful use of a three-wire electric lighting system was made July 4, 1883, in the City Hotel building in Sunbury. Thomas A. Edison directed the work. The Edison Electric Illuminating Co. plant was at 4th and Vine Streets.

Pa. 147 (Front St.) at Market St., Sunbury, PA
Google Streetview

by Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Commission

Colour: blue

Wikimedia:

Flickr:

See also...
Marvin Barretto on Flickr
Nick Harrison on Flickr
Thomas Alva and Mina Miller Edison