This house occupies part of the site of what was originally known as the Great House of Lyme Regis. Here lodged in the summer of 1773 William Pitt (1708-1778), first Earl of Chatham, the great War Minister of George II, and his son William Pitt (1759-1806), the great Prime Minister of George III. Also for some months in 1796-1797 it was the home of Mary Russell Mitford (1787-1855) essayist & dramatist

See also...
Simon Harriyott on Flickr
Spudgun67 on Wikimedia Commons
Simon Harriyott on Flickr
sleepymyf on Flickr
Spudgun67 on Wikimedia Commons
Lyn Robson on Wikimedia Commons
sleepymyf on Flickr
Open Plaques on Flickr
Open Plaques on Flickr
Spudgun67 on Wikimedia Commons