William Pitt the Younger 1759-1806 lived here 1803 to 1804

This was a replacement for a pale green encaustic London County Council plaque erected in 1904, which disappeared when the house was remodelled in 1925. There were plans to replace it with a brown plaque in the LCC's experimental series but in the end, the war having intervened, a blue roundel was installed in 1949.

Spudgun67 on Wikimedia Commons
Nick Harrison on Flickr
Nick Harrison on Flickr
Nick Harrison on Flickr
Nick Harrison on Flickr
sleepymyf on Flickr
BluePlaquesGuy on Flickr
BluePlaquesGuy on Flickr
BluePlaquesGuy on Flickr
BluePlaquesGuy on Flickr
BluePlaquesGuy on Flickr
BluePlaquesGuy on Flickr
BluePlaquesGuy on Flickr
Spudgun67 on Flickr
Spudgun67 on Flickr
See also...
sleepymyf on Flickr
Nick Harrison on Flickr
Open Plaques on Flickr
Robert-brook on Wikimedia Commons