Victoria Bridge. Erected following the Dee Ferry Boat Disaster, which claimed the lives of 32 people on 5 April 1876. Formally opened 2 July 1881, it was partly funded by public contribution. The link provided by the bridge allowed direct access for carriages from Torry, via Market Street, to the heart of Aberdeen.

The Pingus on Flickr

west side of Victoria Bridge, under lamp post, Aberdeen
Google Streetview OpenStreetMap

by Aberdeen City Council Part of the Aberdeen Courts series

Colour: black